- Jill Suzikida: Bringing food to people with HIV/AIDS and other life-challenging illnesses
- Joshua Shapiro: Community-based research on childhood obesity to improve a children's gardening program
- Kilah Wenzel: Community-based research to help people with Multiple Sclerosis exercise more comfortably and effectively
- Chris Ott: Dinosaur Paleontology; "I learned how to do research. I learned how to work with people. And I learned a lot about myself."
- Junirose Zaide: Parasitology & Public Health; "I learned about my own individual strengths and skills and about the kind of job I might want to pursue in the future."
- Megan Lang: Food Safety; "I learned responsibility and that if things don't go right the first time, it's not the end of the world."
- Adam Narish: Environmental Toxicology; "I learned that I can do it. I now have the confidence in myself to run an experiment."